Toni Shiloh is our guest today. She’s talking about her latest release, Finding Love. Leave a comment below to receive a copy of the e-book. Winner will be announced on Sunday. Take it away Toni!
- What inspired your latest story? Finding Love is book two in the Maple Run series. When I decided to write about Delaney, I wanted her to face her biggest fear. Once she told me it was dating a man in uniform, since her first husband died serving in the Army, I knew I had a story ready to be written.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received for writing? Write the story first and then go back and fix it. It helps me immensely, because I’m able to get a flood of words for the first draft. It allows me not to agonize on word choice because I know I can go back and make it better.
- What the hardest thing about being a writer? Releasing a new book! Just because I like the story and connect with it, doesn’t mean everyone else will. It doesn’t matter if I release one, two, or more, I still get nervous every, single, time.
- What’s the best thing about being a writer? When I get messages from readers telling me how the story impacted them. It’s the best thing ever to see my intent in the story was recognized, and that it was enjoyed.
- How do you balance writing and the rest of life? I try to have set hours. During the school year, it’s a lot easier to write with my kids at school. “Work hours” are more difficult in the summer time. So instead, I try and get as much done as possible before playing with the kids. Plus, I’m more fluid with my schedule knowing they’re waiting for me to play.
About Finding Love
Delaney Jones has finally started to pick up the pieces of her shattered life after the death of her husband, Parker. Just as she adjusts to a new normal, in walks Army soldier, Luke Robinson. When she finally makes the decision to trust him, the world deals her a heavy blow.
Sergeant First Class Luke Robinson can’t get over his part in the death of Delaney’s husband. Hoping to assuage his guilt, he offers to lend a hand. He never counted on the feelings she evokes with just a smile. Will his secrets widen the gulf, or will he finally find absolution?
Buy links – http://amzn.to/2r2NmFZ
Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.
She spends her days hanging out with her husband and their two boys. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and president of the Virginia Chapter.
You can find her on her website at http://tonishiloh.weebly.com
Social media links –