Date nights have been few and far between at my house. My goal for 2015 is to go on a date night once a month. I even scheduled our first date night for this week. There are so many competing priorities in my busy life that I have to schedule them in. So I thought I’d share a few ideas for date nights that may interest you too! Here they go:
- Wander in a book store. This idea is kinda selfish, as I love books and I love bookstores, but hey, I can share the love with my love!
- Hang out at Starbucks. Caffeine and love, a perfect combination.
- Sit on a park bench and chit chat. This is completely free of any temptations to purchase anything (unlike the Starbucks and book store idea!)
- Rent a Redbox movie. Watch it after the kids are in bed for guaranteed alone time.
- Go to a real movie. An alternative to being in the same building as your children.
- Browse a local farmer’s market. A fun way to learn about local vendors in your community.
- Walk on the beach. Enjoy the sun and sand together!
- Go out for ice cream. I love this one. (For obvious reasons.)
- Take a walk around your neighborhood or at a nearby nature trail. Walking together leads to lots of talking, and both are good for you!
- See a local play, opera, or musical. This is a very good way to try something new if most of your days have been pretty routine.
There you have it! My date night ideas. What are yours?
And if you haven’t downloaded my free printable Love Calendar for this week, don’t forget to grab one here!